Sept 10-13, 2021
We are NOW full speed ahead!!! Please check arrangements and links for hotel or slip reservations below.
2021 National Rendezvous
Cost for Rendezvous: $130/pp
$130 PER PERSON -fully refundable if event is cancelled or individual cancellation due to virus concerns
PLEASE NOTE: DEADLINE FOR ALL CANCELLATIONS
(BOTH RENDEZVOUS AND SLIP)- FOR REFUND
IS AUGUST 20
Includes: Seminars, Entertainment
Daily Snacks and Beverage Station (juice, coffee, tea, water, lemonade, sodas) and
planned group meals
Marina Arrangements: Maryland Yacht Club is offering us a reciprocal slip rate of $25/night and $15 for 50 amp or $10 for 30 amp. Arrangements will be made by each captain.
Link to Snag A Slip Reservation Instructions:
Hotel Arrangements shown below. Rate is $89 per night. Link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1616690267428&key=GRP&app=resvlink
Coming by RV: 14 miles from Maryland Yacht Club
768 Cecil Avenue North -
Millersville, MD 21108
KOA Rewards Appreciation Weekend
Valid September 10, 2021 - September 11, 2021
WHAT: KOA Rewards holders stay as a paying guest on Friday, September 10 at any participating KOA campground and get Saturday, September 11 for FREE*.
WHY: KOA Rewards Appreciation Weekend is designed exclusively for KOA Rewards holders to say thanks for your loyalty and for trusting your camping memories to us. On this late-summer weekend, we gather to celebrate friends, family and fun in the great outdoors we all adore.
*Only at participating KOA locations. Applies to one site per a KOA Rewards account, for two consecutive nights at the same KOA. Sites may be limited. Not valid with other discounts.
For more information please call 800-562-0248 and reference hot deal code: *V.
Dates for 2021 Rendezvous:
Arrival – Thursday, September 9, 2021
Day 1 – Friday, September 10
Day 2 – Saturday, September 11
Day 3 – Sunday, September 12
Day 4 – Monday, September 13
Departure – Tuesday, September 14
Location: Maryland Yacht Club, 1500 Fairview Beach Road Pasadena, Maryland 21122
Maryland Yacht Club resides on more than eight acres of beautiful waterfront at the end of Fairview Beach Road in Pasadena, Maryland. It is situated at the entrance to Rock Creek, with a well-protected marina basin and grand views of the Patapsco River on one side and Rock Creek on the other. We welcome both power boats and sailboats to our marina which boasts 120 safe, sheltered, deep water slips. We have a gas and diesel fuel dock and offer member discounts on fuel. On the grounds, we have a large pavilion, bath houses, laundry facilities and a refreshing member’s only pool. There’s even an outside patio for socializing and enjoying incredible water views on 3 sides!
• 120 safe, sheltered deep water slips ranging from 35’ to 75’ in length
• 9’-12’ Mean low water
• Water (winter water), electric
Now managed by Oasis Marinas as of 2021.
EASY BAY ACCESS
• Mouth of Rock Creek in Patapsco River
• Broad, well-marked, deep entrance channel
• Convenient location to marine suppliers and services
• Magnificent water views
• Dining room with water views
• Fully stocked bar
• Fireplace lounge with big screen TV
• Meeting room
• Covered patio
• Gas and Diesel
• New high-speed fuel pumps
• Competitive prices with member discounts
• Pump out station (portable available)
• Visa, Mastercard, Amex accepted
• Over 8 acres of beautiful waterfront
• Deep end swimming pool with a Certified Life Guard on duty at all times
• Year-round bath house with laundry
• Beachfront pavilion
• Kayak launch area
• Gated entrance with ample parking
• Pet walk
• Gazebo for outdoor weddings
• Tot-Lot for kids
“ONE IF BY LAND…”
- Route 695 (Baltimore Beltway) to Route 10 South (exit 2).
- Route 10 South to Route 100 East, toward Gibson Island.
- Turn left on Magothy Bridge Road and continue on Hog Neck Road.
- Go to second traffic light to tee, turn right onto Ft. Smallwood Road.
- Travel on Ft Smallwood Road for 2.3 miles, turn left onto Fairview Beach Road.
- Travel on Fairview Beach Road to very end.
“TWO IF BY SEA...”
- Enter Patapsco River.
At mouth of Patapsco River turn to port after passing Brewerton Channel green buoy “5”.
- Proceed on course 244 degrees Magnetic, passing the white rocks on your starboard.
- Proceed into Rock Creek.
- Maryland Yacht Club sits on your port side after passing between red day marker “4” and lighted green day marker “3”.
Courtyard Hotel, BWI 1671 West Nursery Road, Linthicum MD 410-859-7111 Link to reserve hotel: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1616690267428&key=GRP&app=resvlink
Rate per night is $89.00 plus 13% tax. - Rate Confirmed for 2021.
Blending the ultimate comfort and modern amenities, Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport provides a seamless stay for business and leisure travelers alike. Our Linthicum hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to and from Baltimore/Washington International Airport. Destinations such as Andover Park, National Electronics Museum and The University of Maryland, Baltimore County are moments from our doors. Our spacious rooms and suites offer free Wi-Fi, plush bedding and ergonomic workstations for a restorative experience. Craving a snack or meal? Treat yourself to flavorful American cuisine, Starbucks® coffee and handcrafted cocktails at The Bistro. Our eatery is open for breakfast and dinner. If you're on the go, stop by our 24-hour convenience store for treats and beverages. Break a sweat in our fitness center with cardio equipment before plunging into our heated indoor pool. Whether you're seeking a weekend getaway or productive business trip, relish in relaxation at Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport. 16 miles from Maryland Yacht Club
HomeAway.com has several rooms and homes for rent in the Pasadena area for those that want to stay in a “home environment” and perhaps share facilities with others.
- Green Ribbon “Open-House” Boat touring – Friday 4:30-5:30 and Monday 3:45-5:00 Confirmed 2021
- Anchoring and Ground Tackle – Rudy Sechez Confirmed 2021
- Smith Point Rescue (To be confirmed yet)
- Gadgets, Gizmos and Galley – our version of show and tell Confirmed 2021
- Thomas Point Lighthouse Restoration (To be confirmed yet)
- Hands-on Line Splicing Confirmed 2021
- The Care and Feeding of Fiberglass - Osprey Marine Composites (To be confirmed yet)
- Amazing Mile Marker Stops (ICW) Confirmed 2021
- MTOA Insurance - Speaker Confirmed 2021
- Ed Tillet from Waterway Guides on Navigation Technology (Confirmed 2021)
- Curtis Stokes on Boat Market Update (Confirmed 2021)
- MTOA Insurance Program (Confirmed 2021)
- …. And more to come
- Board Meeting
- General Meeting
- CBC/SCBC Meeting
Confirmed for 2021: Vessel Safety Check
Confirmed for 2021 - CPR/AED Certification Class– Friday, September 10 afternoon - $55/per person
This course is designed for anyone in the community and workplace setting, and will cover the following topics:
- Sudden cardiac arrest and how to recognize an emergency
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) for adult, child and infant patients
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use for adult, child and infant patients
- Airway obstruction (choking) for adult, child and infant patients
- Working as a team to provide rescue efforts
Digital certification cards are issued through the American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) and are valid for 2 years. Cards are issued via email within 24 hours of completing your class.
Confirmed for 2021 - “Women Underway Training” –
Friday, September 10 morning– free, number of participants will be limited based on the number of volunteer trawlers we have. There will be a "land based class first, followed by on the water training"
Women’s Underway Training has been presented at the MTOA Rendezvous. It has almost always been put on by members of MTOA , off and on, for over twenty-five years.
Led by Captain Glenn Westervelt, MTOA Member #0029, this session teaches Basic Boat Handling on the water on single and twin engine trawlers. It is for the benefit of both the Captain and the First Mate. We are teaching the First Mates how to get the boat to a dock safely in the event of an emergency. That certainly make sense, doesn’t it!
Confirmed for 2021: Annapolis Historic Four Centuries Walking Tour– Saturday, September 11; 8:45-11:15 am - $30/per person
Bus will leave Maryland Yacht Club at 8am. and will return to the Yacht Club at approximately 11:45 to arrive in time for lunch.
Your Colonial attired private guide will share the unique history and culture of Annapolis and the United States Naval Academy. The tour will start at the City Dock and proceed to the USNA, you will experience the sense of military tradition and heritage all around. Your visit may include the interiors of the Naval Academy Chapel, Crypt of John Paul Jones (famous Revolutionary War hero) and Bancroft Hall (one of the largest dormitories). Continuing through the historic district, you will pass 18th century mansions, such as the Paca House where one of Maryland’s signers of the Declaration of Independence resided. We will finish the tour at the Maryland’s Historic State House. A tour of the interior of Maryland’s Historic State House, the country’s oldest state capitol in continuous legislative use. You may view the Old Senate Chamber where in 1783 George Washington resigned his commission as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army.
Confirmed 2021 30th Anniversary Rendezvous T-Shirts - $15 Women’s or Men’s Shirt
Lightweight, roomy and highly breathable, these moisture-wicking, tees feature PosiCharge technology to lock in color and prevent logos from fading.
- 3.8-ounce, 100% polyester interlock with PosiCharge technology
- Removable tag for comfort and relabeling
- Set-in sleeves
- Will have MTOA burgee and "MTOA 30th Anniversary" printed on upper left as shown.