“MY CHILI IS BETTER THAN YOUR CHILLI. In fact, my chili is the best chili in the CBC”. “Oh yeah! Who says so?” “I do”. “Ok prove it”, ….. ( a recent conversation over heard at a recent CBC luncheon between two unidentified very modest First Mates’. )
The statement’s been made and the challenge is on. Who has the best chili in the CBC? How are we going to find out? Easy, we’ll have a ‘chili cook-off’ to determine the three best chili cooker-ers’ in the CBC. When & Where?
On February 10, at the Oyster Cove Club House in Grasonville Md., there will be the great chili cook –off challenge. All are invited to participate. Hey CBC Chili cooker-ers’ are you up to the challenge?
Here’s how it will work. Bring your best chili pre-cooked in a crockpot with servings for about eight. All entries will be lined up and each marked from ‘1’ to ‘whatever’. Attendees will walk the ‘crock pot chili line’, taking a sample from each contestant’s ‘pot’. The hosts (Bartletts) will provide a salad, corn bread, green onions and cheese, help yourselves; dessert: decaf coffee and cake. Prior to dessert, each attendee will cast a secret paper ballet to determine the 3rd best chili, the 2nd best chili and finally the CBC’s BEST chili. Prizes will be awarded to the winning chili cooker-ers’, all three.
But that’s not all. After all the ballots have been counted, and after our CBC business meeting, and after the winners have been announced and prizes awarded, (PHEW), a slide presentation on the June 2017 cruise of the Northeast Chesapeake will be shown during dessert.
We plan to gather at the Oyster Cove Club house at 4:00 pm to socialize, play ping pong, and set up the crockpots etc. At or about 5 pm, the challenge will begin; we’ll allow one hour+ for dinner, ballot casting, announcement of winners, awards presentation and business meeting. Immediately following, we’ll have dessert and start our award-winning presentation. We anticipate that all activities will be concluded by 7:30-8:00 pm.
What else do you need to know?
- Directions to Oyster Cove club House: we are next to Lippincott Marina at Kent Narrows, exit 42 off Rte. 50 from the west.
- Cooler, Ice, and bottled water will be provided also. Please bring your own adult beverages.
- We’ll collect $10 per person to cover the cost of the club house, prizes & paper goods, (table clothes, napkins, plastic knives & forks, paper plates, ice, plastic glasses, and paper cups for coffee.
- Multiple electric extensions will be available.
- Heart burn pills will be provided free.
- Let us know if you are up to the challenge. RSVP by February 7 so we can plan accompaniments and dessert amounts! SIGN UP ON THE WEBSITE and tell us if you’re up for the challenge by bringing your best chili, or just wish to be a taster of the CBC’s best.
HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT!